Wednesday, August 4, 2010

a note from Andrew P.

Today at the Boys Club Gunnar, Micheal, Andrew S, Ben, Bennett, Conner, Joey, Adam, Mitch, Logan, Jeremy, and I built shelves for all the boys at the club to put their backpacks and books on. We all also have buddies. The buddies are kids 10 and younger.

My buddy was Zach. Zach is a 7 year old who loves to play hockey and his favorite game to play with me was foose ball. This week has been a very eye-opening and life-changing expirence. I have seen kids who get 1 or 2 meals a day and the Boys Club is the only place they can go during the summer where they are safe. I now see how thankful I am for having everything I do and all the things my parents do to feed me 3 meals every day.

Bennett R. and Andrew P. assembling new shelves for the Boys Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment