Tuesday, August 3, 2010

notes from Raelynn O. and Marissa B.

(from Raelynn)
Today was a really cool day because I got to go into the art center at the Black Hills Workshop. Yesterday I was in the sensory room, which is where people go if they have speech impediments and brain injuries. I met some really awesome people there, like this one girl Kelly who's really nice and can keep a conversation really well. Another person I met was Shad. He is so awesome! Actually Marissa and I had to help him take pictures on his DSi of this amazing picture that he painted of a scenic backround with a red car in it. It’s actually really amazing what he can do with a paintbrush and paint. I don’t think I will never forget this trip!

(from Marissa)
Today was another wonderful day with the people from Black Hills Workshop! Everyday it makes me feel awesome just seeing the smiles upon their faces right as you step into the rooms they're in. Today I was helping a man in his 30’s and his name was Shad. He was so amazing and he is such a great artist. People think that others with disabilities can’t do anything and they're worthless but these people are some of the nicest and funniest people and they can do many things we can too. At the art center at Black Hills there is a gallery and the people can do art and sell it if they want and a lot of it is so creative and beautiful! Another girl I met yesterday's name was Kama and she is 22 years old and about 4 feet tall. Right when I first saw her I thought she was about 5. She is so nice and hilarious and whenever she paints she holds one hand and then paints with the other. So I thought it was pretty cool to work with all of these amazing people that I will never forget.

Shad, Marissa and Raelynn with Shad's painting of a waterfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment